Monday

Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy End of Innocence!











And that was the end of his Innocence!

I remember very clearly the night I shattered my son's belief in two ( or more) great fairy tales or legends.

I crept into his room at night to put some money under his pillow in exchange for a tooth that he had lost earlier that day.

Unfortunately, he woke up!

When he realized what I was doing, he thought for a second and said, 

"Does that mean there's no Easter Bunny?"

And that was the end of his Innocence!

I still feel guilty all these years later. Maybe this site is my feeble attempt to restore some of the magic of Easter???


The legend of the Tooth Fairy is about a fairy that gives a child money or gifts in exchange for a baby tooth that has has fallen out. Children typically place the tooth under their pillow at night. The fairy is said to take the tooth from under the pillow and replace it with money once they have fallen asleep.

The End of the Innocence LyricsArtist(Band):Don Henley


Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standing by
When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales

No comments:

Post a Comment